I followed the recipe exactly, and I cooked the asparagus in my bamboo steamer. However, they recipe tells you to cut the asparagus diagonally and it made all different lengths and thicknesses. In the end, we ended up with a range of how cooked the asparagus was. Next time, I would cut the asparagus straight on so that at least the lengths are similar.
Otherwise it was delicious and I think we agree we would make it again.
As of today's post 11 people gave this an average rating of 5 out of 5.
I hope you enjoy this in your home as much as we did!
Cooking Light, June 2002
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus (about 2 pounds), steamed and chilled
Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Combine vinegar mixture and asparagus; toss well.
Calories: 72 (28% from fat)
Fat: 2.2g (sag 0.4g, mono 0.4g, poly 1.2g)
Iron: 3.4 mg