I love any combination that uses blue cheese and flank steak was on sale so we thought why not. I wasn't sure about plums but it turns out I like them very much. This recipe comes together really quickly and we made no changes to it, so rather than going on and on, I'll just post the recipe!
Since this recipe is in the most current Cooking Light issue, only 3 people reviewed it (4 stars on average).
Recipe by Kathryn Conrad, Cooking Light, August 2010
Total: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3 plums, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
Preparation1. Combine pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl; rub over both sides of steak.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces steak, about 1/2 cup plums, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 15.8g (sat 5.4g,mono 7.7g,poly 1.3g)
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 373mg
- Calcium: 102mg