Summer is a time for great potato salads. While I must say I do love mayonnaise, this potato salad (sans mayo) is fantastic. If you like garlic and lemon flavors this will be a big hit in your house. I also loooooooooooooooove capers, so to me they are the icing on the cake of this dish.
While I didn't have fingerlings this time (you can tell in the picture), I just used the small yukon gold potatoes and it worked fine. I don't make any changes to this recipe except to add another clove of garlic because garlic is like the 7th food group to us.
You have to at least try this one recipe, you won't regret it.
11 people (including me) gave this an average rating of 5 out of 5!
I hope you enjoy this in your home because we LOOOOOOOOOVE it!
Recipe by Jackie Mills, Cooking Light, July 2008
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 pound white fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound red fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
Preparation1. Steam potatoes, covered, 12 minutes or until tender. Cover and chill.
2. Combine juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; slowly add oil, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in rind and garlic; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and capers.
3. Cut potatoes into quarters; add potatoes to juice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Calories: 125 (26% from fat)
- Fat: 3.6g (sat 0.5g,mono 2.5g,poly 0.4g)
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 16mg