WELCOME!

I'm all about Cooking Light recipes all the time. Hopefully you will find something that peaks your interest and inspires you to use Cooking Light everyday!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spicy Autumn Crisp


I was looking through myrecipes at their 5 star recipe section and found this recipe during the month of October.  The ingredients sounded interesting--pear, granny smith apples, pitted dates and molasses.

Let me tell you this is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. I would make it every week if I had a rabbit metabolism. It is just that good.

I didn't make any changes to this recipe, oh wait I did. I used allspice instead of ground cloves because I didn't have any ground cloves.

Only 5 people gave this an average rating of 5 out of 5 but if you try it, trust me, you'll like it.

The only issue is that I had to buy a whole box of gingersnaps to make this. However, to remedy this, we're having friends over for dinner this week and I'm making brown sugar cheesecake with cranberry compote.

YUUUUM, I wish I had more right now.

Recipe by Cooking Light, October 2000

Yield: 9 servings

Ingredients

  • Topping:
  • 9  gingersnap cookies (such as Nabisco)
  • 1/4  cup  granulated sugar
  • 1/4  cup  packed light brown sugar
  • 2  tablespoons  all-purpose flour
  • 1/4  cup  chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
  • Filling:
  • 3 1/2  cups  chopped peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 3 1/2  cups  coarsely chopped peeled Bartlett pear (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 1/2  cup  chopped pitted dates or golden raisins
  • 1/4  cup  molasses
  • 3/4  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground ginger
  • 1/8  teaspoon  ground nutmeg
  • 1/8  teaspoon  ground cloves

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°.
To prepare topping, place cookies in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup. Combine cookie crumbs, sugars, and flour in a medium bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
To prepare filling, combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

Nutritional Information

Calories:246 (25% from fat)
Fat: 6.9g (sat 3.6g,mono 2.1g,poly 0.6g)
Protein: 1.3g
Carbohydrate:47.9g
Fiber: 2.7g
Cholesterol: 17mg
Iron: 1.4mg
Sodium: 69mg
Calcium: 54mg

No comments:

Post a Comment