WELCOME!

I'm all about Cooking Light recipes all the time. Hopefully you will find something that peaks your interest and inspires you to use Cooking Light everyday!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Shake

Two disappointments in one week, can it be???

YES.

I've been dying to make this recipe ever since I saw it on myrecipes.com.  Unfortunately, it was another bomb. I felt like I was just eating canned pumpkin, which doesn't taste very good to me.  It's true that I do not have the cool whip on top like they recommend in the recipe but, I don't think that would save this recipe. I can't believe how people have raved about it in the reviews. 

This is another one that I feel like I could tweak, but who has time for that (certainly not this girl). I'd rather spend my time making the eggnog recipe in this month's magazine (which we will make in December)! 

I'll let you decide for yourself. Maybe you really like this and i'm the only weirdo out there who doesn't. To each their own, right?

As of today's post, thirteen people gave this an average rating of 5 out of 5.  For some reason my 3 stars must not be factored into this rating. :)

Recipe by Vivian Levine, Cooking Light, January 2006

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 2  cups  vanilla reduced-fat ice cream (such as Healthy Choice), softened
  • 1  cup  fat-free milk
  • 2/3  cup  canned pumpkin
  • 1/4  cup  packed brown sugar
  • 3/4  teaspoon  pumpkin-pie spice
  • 3  tablespoons  frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
  • Pumpkin-pie spice (optional)

Preparation

Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour 3/4 cup ice cream mixture into each of 4 glasses. Top each with about 2 teaspoons whipped topping; sprinkle with the additional pumpkin-pie spice, if desired.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 198 (13% from fat)
Fat: 2.8g (sat 1.8g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.1g)
Protein: 6.1g
Carbohydrate: 38g
Fiber: 1.4g
Cholesterol: 18mg
Iron: 1.3mg
Sodium: 180mg
Calcium: 157mg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment